About the Project
The campus has a gross floor area of 50,000 square metres, including:
- A multi-function performing arts centre
- A state-of-the-art centre for wellbeing, with indoor athletic facilities, running track, swimming centre, yoga and dance space
- A leading-edge Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) centre
- A multi-function conference centre (teacher training academy)
- A Hahn/Peace Centre and boat house
- Classrooms connected to the library
- A dining hall for 600 people. The faculty and student residences offer both private and communal living spaces. Extra space is given to faculty residences for meetings and sharing meals with students, reinforcing the unique teacher-student relationship that distinguishes a UWC experience.
- UWC Changshu will be a model of authentic sustainability and a learning tool for students, featuring:
- Passive design
- Solar, geo-thermal and recycling initiatives
- Local and renewable construction materials.